Welcome to the Foster Care Resource & Support Hub
Supporting you in your role as a foster or adoptive parent.
Drop-In Info Sessions
Each of our Hub partners has monthly “drop in” hours to orient you to their services, provide additional information, or simply be available. You can also reach our partners any time using the contact info provided on their page.
We'd love your feedback
During 2023, we will be updating and upgrading the Hub based on your feedback. If there’s something you’d like to see that isn’t available, or you have suggestions for improvement, please let us know.
We've categorized the resources and information as carefully as possible to give you easy access to what you need. If there is information that is missing or you can't access, don't be shy about getting in touch with your Family Support Navigator, Caitlin. She's just an email or phone call away!
Interacting with DCF
- Your role as a foster parent
- Family Resource Policy (2023)
- Contacting DCF
- Chain of command; what to do when you don’t feel heard
- Other available supports
Childcare & Respite
- Daycare support
- Occasional babysitting
- Respite options
- Informal Childcare Program
- Short-term consultation program from A Home Within
- Children's Behavioral Health Initiative
- Accessing mental health services in MA
- Who's who in the court and legal system
- Court timelines and processes
- Resources from the Committee for Public Counsel Services
- Foster parents' role in education
- Special education and foster care
- Hub Educational Specialist
- Hub Partner - Adoption Journeys
- Post-adoption subsidy & supports available
- Birth certificates, taxes, and social security cards
- 51-A filings and responses
- Fair Hearings
- Interstate Compact on the Placement of Children (ICPC)
The thirteen Hub program partners are featured below. Each has an introductory video or description about their services, a contact person, and monthly drop in hours.
If your service or organization is interested in being a Hub partner, let us know.
Each Hub partner hosts a monthly drop-in hour according to the schedule below. To meet with them, simply click on the link to join their Zoom room and use the password "Hub". But you never have to wait for drop-in hours! Feel free to use the contact information on each partner's page to reach them whenever you need.
Note: The Resource Hub recognizes state and federal holidays. If a drop-in time falls on a holiday, it will not be held.
Zoom Password: Hub
Use the arrows to the right of each column to organize the table by day/time, partner, or resource area.
|Second Monday, 12noon||A Home Within||Behavioral|
|Third Monday, 1pm||DCF Medical Social Worker||Medical|
|First Tuesday, 1pm||DCF Education Specialist||Education|
|Second Tuesday, 10am||WillPower Foundation||Enrichment|
|Fourth Tuesday, 10am||Community Action||Family Support|
|First Wednesday, 10am||Committee for Public Counsel Services||Legal|
|Second Wednesday, 3pm||Pathways to Permanency||Family Support|
|Fourth Wednesday, 9am||All Our Kids||Family Support, others|
|Second Thursday, 11:30am||Adoption Journeys||Post-Adoption|
|Fourth Thursday, 11am||Rise Above||Enrichment|
|First Friday, 11am||KidsNet||Childcare, others|
|Second Friday, 10am||Massachusetts Adoption Resource Exchange (MARE)||Post-Adoption, others|
|Third Friday, 10am||DCF Childcare Specialist||Childcare|