No one gets involved in foster care to get rich, but financial support makes it often makes it possible to create another place at the table for a child who needs it. The resources below will help you access and understand the various types of financial support available for foster parents to help care for their children.
Subsidy & Reimbursement:
- 2023-2024 Rate Increase
- 2023-2024 Payment Calendar
- Progama de Pagos (Payment Calendar) 2023-2024
- Summary of Payment Codes
- Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) sign up form
- Damage-Theft Reimbursement Form
- Mileage Reimbursement Form
PACT (Parents and Children Together)
The PACT program provides additional financial assistance for the caretaking of children with special needs above and beyond those of typical children in foster care. An hourly rate is paid to foster parents who facilitate medical or behavioral interventions to address the needs of their children. PACT requests should be made to your child's social worker (who will forward the request to the appropriate supervisor), and they are approved on a case-by-case basis.
- PACT / Receipt Reimbursable Policy & Requirements
- PACT / Receipt Reimbursable Application Requirements
- PACT / Receipt Reimbursable Request
- PACT Documentation Form
- Claiming Foster Children on Your Taxes
- Tuition Assistance
- Enrichment Grants & Opportunities
- Adoption Tax Credit: *Note: All children adopted through foster care in Massachusetts who receive Masshealth as part of their post-adoption subsidy (even if they don't receive any additional financial subsidy) qualify for the Adoption Tax Credit. Contact AOK for additional information and referral to an adoption tax specialist.
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Food Assistance Program: Children in foster care ages 0-5 are automatically eligible for WIC.
- Get discounts with your WIC card! | Mass.gov: Learn more about discounts that are provided by institutions throughout the state simply by presenting your WIC card.
- School Lunch: All children in foster care are automatically eligible for free school lunch (ask your FRW)